In the regulations below you will find the most important house rules that apply to guests of Hotel Mitland, Restaurant Vlonders, Mitland Bowling & Mitland Meetings. By entering our premises you agree to the house rules drawn up as below.
- All instructions from employees, related to house rules, must be followed. Complaints can be reported to the management;
- We treat each other with respect and it is therefore forbidden to make insults or discriminatory comments and/or by word or gesture (action), intimidate our visitors and staff in any way;
- Valid identification must be shown at check-in. Check-in is possible from an age of 18 years;
- We must adhere to the requirements of the Alcohol and Catering Law, therefore we do not serve alcoholic beverages to visitors under the age of 18. When in doubt about age, staff may ask to show proof of identity to verify your age;
- During all circumstances, we respect your privacy, however, we are authorized to enter your room in case of "non-compliance with house rules.
- No visitors are allowed in the room. If other guests are found in the room, you will be asked to leave the hotel immediately;
- It is not allowed to light candles for fire safety reasons. The security system will be activated immediately;
- There are cameras in various places within the hotel, everyone who is in our hotel consents to the making of recordings. These cameras support the employees in the building in maintaining order and safety. If necessary, video recordings can be used as supporting material by the authorities in the event of emergencies, the detection of any disturbances and/or criminal offenses;
- Hotel Mitland is not responsible for loss or theft of your belongings;
- The management, the owners of this location and/or persons working for Hotel Mitland cannot be held liable for any injury and/or material or immaterial damage that visitors to the location may suffer;
- Hotel Mitland is entitled to terminate its services to you at any time and without notice if you violate the house rules, or otherwise behave in such a way that the order and peace of Mitland Hotel are disturbed. You must then leave Hotel Mitland upon first request;
- A deposit of €50 applies to each reservation. Please ask at our reception for the conditions;
- To all deliveries of Hotel Mitland in Utrecht, the Uniform Conditions for the Hotel and Catering Industry apply. Download the UVH directly from the website of Koninklijke Horeca Nederland.
- In case of fire, remain calm. Report fire to the front desk and/or press the nearest fire alarm;
- In the event of a general fire alarm, leave the premises immediately;
- Under no circumstances use the elevators in case of fire;
- Unscrewing or tampering smoke detectors poses a danger to yourself and others;
- Housekeeping is authorized to check a hotel room every two days.
It is forbidden to
- To smoke in the room. Smoking is only allowed outside, in designated areas. If we find that there is smoking in the room, we are obliged to charge a cleaning fee of €100. If the fire alarm goes off due to smoking in the room, you will be charged the fire department's call-out fee of €275;
- Tape off smoke detectors; or disable them in such a way as to reduce their operation;
- To possess, use or trade (soft) drugs (including nitrous oxide cartridges) or weapons. If you do use (soft) drugs (including whipped cream or nitrous oxide cartridges) in the room, you must then leave Hotel Mitland upon first request;
- Pets to be brought to the restaurant;
- Spreading confetti in your hotel room, or leaving your room soiled beyond what is reasonable. In all situations that exceed normal use we will charge a €100 cleaning fee;
- Emergency exits to be used as normal entrances and exits;
- Taking hotel property outside the building. When willfully damaging property of Hotel Mitland, one can be held liable for the repair and/or renewal costs;
- Renting a room in your name without staying in the room yourself;
- Cause a nuisance to another including through loud music, obnoxious behavior or noise of any kind;
- Staying in the room with more than the permitted number of people.
- Receiving paid visitors in the hotel room for the purpose of sexual activities;
- On your own initiative to extend the stay. If you want to extend, it can be done in consultation with our reception and by paying the applicable rate. Check out must be before 11:00 am. For every hour you stay longer in the room we will charge € 10;
General Uniform Conditions of the Hotel and Catering Industry (UVH).
The Uniform Conditions for the Hotel and Catering Industry (UVH) are the terms and conditions on which hospitality businesses established in the Netherlands, such as hotels, restaurants, pubs and related businesses (including catering companies, party service companies, etc.), provide hospitality services and conclude hospitality agreements. Read our full terms and conditions of the UVH here .
In all cases not covered by these regulations, the management of Hotel Mitland will decide.