Below you will find the most important rules and regulations that apply to guests of Hotel Mitland, Restaurant Vlonders, Mitland Bowling & Mitland Meetings. From the moment of entering our property, you agree to the rules and regulations stated below.
- All instructions by employees that are related to the hotel rules, must be followed. Please report any complaints to the management;
- We treat each other with respect and it is therefore forbidden to express insults or make discriminatory remarks and/or intimidate our visitors and staff by word or gesture (action) in any way;
- A valid ID must be shown at check-in. Check-in is possible from the age of 18;
- We are obliged to follow the Dutch Licensing and Catering Act and therefore are not allowed serve alcoholic beverages to visitors under the age of 18. In case our staff is not sure about a guests age, they are entitled to ask for a valid ID;
- We respect your privacy under all circumstances. However we are authorised to enter your room in case of 'non-compliance with the hotel rules';
- It is not allowed to invite visitors to your room. In case of visitors in the room, you will be asked to leave the hotel immediately;
- It is not allowed to light candles due to fire safety. The security system will be activated immediately;
- Video surveillance cameras monitor the territory of the hotel. All in house guests automatically agree to the recordings. Video surveillance is carried out to support our staff in ensuring the safety of guests, staff as well as the property of the Hotel. Video recordings can be used by the authorities as supporting material in case of calamities and/or crime;
- Hotel Mitland is not responsible for loss or theft of your belongings;
- The management, owners and /or employees of Hotel Mitland cannot be held liable for any injury and/or material or immaterial damage experienced by guests;
- Hotel Mitland is entitled to terminate its services to you at any time in case of violation of the house rules or misbehaviour in such a way that the order and peace of Hotel Mitland is disturbed. You are then required to leave the hotel immediately;
- For every reservation a deposit of € 50 is required. Ask our reception for the conditions;
- The Uniform Conditions for the Hotel and Catering Industry (UVH) are applicable on all services that Hotel Mitland offers. The UVH conditions can be downloaded directly from the UVH website.
- Remain calm in case of fire. Report fire to the reception desk and/or activate the nearest fire alarm;
- Leave the building immediately in the event of a fire alarm;
- Never use the lifts in case of fire;
- Disabling or tampering with the smoke detectors endangers yourself and others;
- Housekeeping is authorised to check a hotel room every two days.
It is forbidden to:
- Smoke in the room. Smoking is only allowed outside on the designated areas. If signs of smoking are observed in the room, we are obliged to charge €100,- cleaning costs. If the fire alarm goes off because of smoking in the room, the call-out charge of €275,- will be charged to you;
- Cover up smoke detectors or disable them in such a way that they are less effective;
- To possess, use or trade (soft) drugs (including laughing gas canisters) or weapons. In case use (soft) drugs (including whipping cream or laughing gas canisters) in your room is observed, you are to leave Hotel Mitland immediately;
- Use emergency exits as regular entrances and exits;
- Take hotel property outside. When deliberately damaging property of Hotel Mitland, you can be held liable for the repair and/or replacement costs;
- Book a room under your name, when you are not the person that is staying the room. The hotel rooms can only be used by persons who are registered as guests.
- Stay in the room with more than the allowed or registered number of persons.
- Disturb others, for example by loud music, unseemly behaviour or noise of any kind;
- Receive visitors in the room for the purpose of paid sexual activities
- Bring pets into the restaurant;
- Spread confetti in your hotel room or leave your room extremely soiled. In all situations that exceed normal usage we will charge a €100,- cleaning fee;
- Extend your stay on your own initiative. If you wish to extend your stay, you may do so in consultation with our reception and upon payment of the applicable rate. Check-out must take place before 11.00 hours. For every hour that you stay longer in the room we charge €10,-;
Uniform Conditions for the Hotel and Catering Industry (UVH)
The Uniform Conditions for the Hotel and Catering Industry (UVH) are the terms and conditions on which catering establishments set up in the Netherlands, such as hotels, restaurants, bars and related businesses (including catering firms, party service firms, etc.), provide catering services and enter into catering agreements. Download the complete document here.
In all cases not covered by these regulations, the Hotel Mitland management will decide.